*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 30 April 2015

Day 3. Long Itching to Napton Junction.

What a fabulous day we have had today. We left our lovely overnight mooring and followed a boat up through the locks, they had left a bit before us, so we missed the chance to share. When we got to the bottom of the Stockton flight, we met up with them and were told we were in a queue of 10 boats going up with 4 more behind us. It turned out we had joined the Lichfield Cruising Club, who were out on their Under the Bridge Cruise. We knew they were going into the Saltisford Arm on Tuesday, but did not know when we would see them. We found that out this morning Smile.

SAM_6946

Joining the queue and working our way up the locks, actually worked out really great, because there was plenty of help. We had to do Calcutt locks on our own as our companions stopped at the top of Stockton locks, but we had the last few boats of the cruising club behind us which helped.

SAM_6964

We turned right at Napton junction, but reversed back to the piling to moor up against, rather than chance there being no mooring space at Napton Bridge or the bottom of the locks.

SAM_6965

Moored up just in time as can be seen by the black cloud heading our way !

I cooked lunch and have already begun tomorrows lunch, which is going to be a curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails