We took our boy to the vets again this morning. He had another blood test taken for his PCV Assay and was a brave soldier. He had his temperature taken which was 101.4 degrees F, which is fine. His weight is still an issue though as he had gone from 13.8 kg to 13.0 kg. the vet has put him on another months worth of Prednisolone (Steroid) to see if we can improve him further. But if he does show any signs of not coping then we have already made the decision to let him go peacefully. The likely hood is he has a condition call Myelofibrosis, which is terminal. Later in the afternoon Paddy’s vet rang me to say there was a small improvement in his PCV level, it had gone up from 24 to 26, so much better, but that is due to the Steroids. We must now see how he goes and make sure his quality of life is as good as we can make it.
No one wants to see their pet suffer and so we will know or he will let us know when he has had enough.