*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Thursday 2 July 2015

Back Home.

It has been a busy few days for us.

We spent last weekend at the Braunston Historic Boat Rally.


Keith and I had the pleasure on the Saturday of going on the parade on Nuneaton and Brighton the Narrowboat Trust Boats. Colin, Ray and Barry made us very welcome and so I made them a Lemon Drizzle cake, which went down very well with a cuppa.


We had a fabulous time in the organised chaos.



Richard Parry CEO of the Canal and River Trust was there to help unveil new plaques.



Also at the event were Timothy West and Prunella Scales. Doing more filming for their Canal Journey series.


It was lovely to see them both looking well, although both did look a little frail.

We had a fabulous weekend catching up with so many people we know and all were so happy to see how well Keith is.

On Monday we left Braunston and began our journey home. The weather was very hot, but with us not being in that much of a hurry we took our time.


Monday we moored at Bridge No.18 between Calcutt locks and Stockton locks. One great thing about the wall to wall sunshine was the solar panel kept the batteries nicely topped up.

Tuesday we descended the Stockton Locks, mooring up at Long Itchington. It was blooming hot, but keeping on the move actually meant we made our own breeze. Lunch was had at The Two Boats Inn and I have to say it was a lovely meal, which was washed down with a pint of Bombardier. Well worth a visit.

Wednesday morning and the sun was out early and blimey it was hot, hot, hot. We decided that we would make a run straight through to Warwick. So it was onward to Bascote Locks, then Fosse and finally Radford. As we approached Warwick the heavens opened, giving us a much needed cool down. We arrived back at our mooring in the Saltisford Arm at 1.15 pm. It was lovely to be home.

Our garden was riddled with weeds, so after catching up with folk in the arm, I started the job of weeding our garden. On Sunday It is Warwick Open Gardens and the arm is taking part, so I am going to be busy weeding all the beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails