*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 25 February 2017

Hooray for the Weekend.

228e4dc2f9e5a77936d7db26c57052c3

Hi Friends and Follower’s.

Ok I do not know about you, but I am wondering already where this year is going. The week seems to go past so quickly. This week has flown by and we are ready and waiting for the Six Nations Rugby to being again. Unfortunately this will be the last weekend we will see the rugby on the TV as we are off out and about next week and we will not have the TV just DVD’s. I suppose we could always find a pub showing the matches if need be, but I can always find out the scores online.

So did you and your property survive Storm Doris?

I was out in it Thursday and it was not to bad. When I arrived home our archway over the gate to our pontoon had been propped up by Keith because it was bent over when he got back from our food shop. The metal arch was actually rusty and therefore gave way in the strong gusts of wind. Friday was spent sorting it out and instead of a new arch, which we do not have time to find before we leave the Arm, we tied the Honeysuckle to the fence, so hopefully it will trail itself along the fence and look fabulous when we get back. What was left of the arch went into the bin. Another thing which succumbed to the wind was our back cabin chimney cover. This was a mystery, because the cover was a tight fit, but it has definitely disappeared, so we spent Friday afternoon in the town looking for another saucepan to fit. When you do not need a saucepan, the charity shops have lots of them, but because we wanted one, we could not find anything, so we ended up buying on from the Original Factory Shop for £5. It was in fact a set of three, the label inside was from good old Woolworths. So the middle pan will be a new cover and the other two will get used at some time or another. I had not just gone into town for the saucepan, I needed to pick up my medication from the chemist. I had seen the GP in the morning and he put me back on to Amitriptyline, as my sternum and rib pain has come back since stopping the tablets. I am just hoping it settles down whilst we are out on the boat.

Friday evening was spent with friends Dawne and Stuart at the Lebanese Restaurant Aqua Food & Mood in Warwick. It was our first time eating Lebanese food and we both thoroughly enjoyed the food and the evening and we will definitely be going back again in the future. We had a selection of starters between us and for my main I had Chicken Shawarma. This was thin slices of chicken marinated in garlic & spices with rice and salad. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff were lovely and extremely polite and helpful. Great food, wine, service and that adds up to a great evening.

Saturday morning and it is still a tad breezy out, but nothing like Doris threw at everyone. I got on with doing a laundry wash first thing. I am trying to get all the important washing done before we leave for our cruising season. Whilst the washing machine was taking the strain, I returned to the boat to make up the saloon stove and sort out a few other jobs. I got on with preparing the vegetables for our lunch. I am roasting Peppers, Leeks, Sweet Potato, Cauliflower and Mushrooms and we will that them with fish.

The Six Nation’s Rugby is back, so we will be glued to the TV this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails