*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 23 September 2020

Getting there.

 

Dear family, friends and followers.

How is everyone doing, in such uncertain times?

As those of you who read my blog, it has been a difficult time for me of late with the death of Mum. There has been so many things to work through emotionally, but I am getting there and it has bought my brother and I closer. As we all know sometimes families can be difficult and we all go through tough times. My family story is no different, but through no fault of my own, my mum was kept from me for a number of years and so when my brother contacted me to tell me about mum's Cancer and that it was terminal, it bought back so many memories happy and sad. There are a lot of regrets, but I will deal with them in my own time. What I am grateful for is the chance to have seen and talked to my mum before she died. I wish I could of been there to hold her hand till the end, but that was not possible due to Covid-19 and other family issues, but she knew how much I missed and loved her and we got to see each other. No one wants to die with regrets or alone and I sincerely hope she is now smiling from her cloud and having a cuppa and a natter with her mum. The one thing I do know is mum would not want my brother and I moping about, she would want us to get on with enjoying our lives. Mum was such a cheerful, happy go lucky, upbeat woman, who was always the life and soul of any party or gathering and that is how I will remember her and carry on living my life in the same way. 

As we are all living in such uncertain times still, we all have to do our part to try and curb Covid-19. The majority of people have been playing their part since March like we have. I saw this on Facebook, posted by a friend and it summed up exactly how I feel.

I have been wearing a mask in shops and limiting my shopping trips & being careful where I go since March!  I’m not sure how being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked by some who are calling it “living in fear”, but it needs to stop....

When I wear a mask over my nose and mouth in public and in the stores/Supermarkets/Pharmacies/Offices/Churches - I want you to know the following:

📷 I'm educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.

📷 No, I don't "live in fear" of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.

📷 I don't feel like the "government controls me". I feel like I'm an adult contributing to the security in our society and I want to teach others the same.

📷 If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.

📷 Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or even "controlled". It makes me caring and responsible.

📷 When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or other people's opinion of you, imagine a loved one - a child, father, mother, grandparent, aunt, uncle or even a stranger - placed on a ventilator, alone without you or any family member allowed at their bedside...  ask yourself if you could have helped them a little by wearing a mask!

The virus seems to have taken over our lives and our conversations and everyone has an opinion, including me. I would like to think that we can say what we are thinking and others do not take offence or take it the wrong way. Keith and I have not been out to the pub or restaurants. Sadly we have not seen our families, including our grand-sons, not because we do not want to, but because we could both be asymptomatic and therefore take the virus down to them. We have zoomed, which has been an absolute godsend. But I long to cuddle my girls and the grandson's. Both the boys are growing up so fast, and I now look forward to seeing them hopefully next year, when we are all taking a family holiday together. I cannot see us meeting up this year, with the new guidelines being put in place all the time, because of the numbers rising. I completely agree with what has been put in place and if I were in Government, I would have gone further and maybe that will happen if these latest measures do not work well enough, or enough people are not curbing their behaviour. 

Lets all do the right thing and stay safe and keep our families safe.

Sending hugs xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails