*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 11 May 2015

Banbury to Cropredy.

We spent a lovely weekend in Banbury, but today was the day we had to leave and head back from whence we came.

Before we could head back we needed to wind, so we I walked ahead and set the lift bridge and then the lock.

SAM_7012

As you can see from the photograph it was a beautiful morning.

SAM_7014

Just outside of Banbury are the Tramway Moorings, which are for permit holders only. Just after those moorings is the winding hole. Having winded we then headed back into Banbury.

SAM_7015

Back up through the lock and under the lift bridge, before waving goodbye to Banbury.

SAM_7018

Sovereign Wharf is closed as far as the services are concerned at the moment. The notice does not say why, so if you need diesel or gas you cannot buy it there.

SAM_7020

We also waved goodbye to Grimsbury Arm as well.

It was up the locks and back into Cropredy where we moored up below the shop for lunch. We had no radio signal and no signal for the laptop, so we decided we would move after I had cooked lunch.

SAM_7023

With lunch done, we then moved above the lock, which is where we will be for the rest of the day. It was lovely to see Mike and Marion on Narrowboat Duxllandyn. They had been in the Saltisford Arm and I got nattering to Marion whilst doing the washing.

SAM_7025

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails