*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 15 May 2015

Tied up in Braunston.

IMG_2493
Took Paddy out for his walk this morning and a Tufted duck swam by. There were two males and a female about.
IMG_2511
Beautiful morning with the sun shining on the fields of gold.
IMG_2518
At bridge 100 I saw someone waving to me as she came towards me and it was Pip and Ozzy. It has been an age since we have seen them, although I do have Pip on my Facebook. It was not long before Roger passed up on their boat Windsong.
IMG_2519
Sad to see an old wooden boat looking so distressed.
IMG_2522
First sighting of Braunston Church.
IMG_2527
Braunston Turn.
IMG_2528
The moorings were actually quiet with plenty of spaces, so we arrived at the right time and tied up opposite The Boat House pub. I dare say whilst here we will have a meal there.
We sold some coal to John on NB Samsara. John has been reading Hadar's Blog since we started it, so thank you John for that and your custom.
We took ourselves off to the Chandlers to buy paint and bits for the boat, so more money spent. It also gave us a chance to say "Hello" to the people we know in Braunston.

As the afternoon progressed towards the evening, who should come towards us both our great friends on NB Tickety Boo with their lovely dog. They pulled alongside and we had a quick catch-up, before they had to get on their way. Today has been a day of catching up with lots of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails