*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 20 October 2015

A day in Coventry.

Hi Folks.

Yesterday we had a day in Coventry. There was a good reason why we made the bus journey into Coventry. We had been invited to BBC Coventry and Warwickshire for an interview. We were glad we set of early. We caught the x18, which is supposed to take you on the quick route via Leamington-Spa. Both Leamington-Spa and Coventry are festooned with road works, and when the bus arrived in Leamington-Spa the driver did not know which way to go around the diversions, so he had to ask another bus driver coming in the opposite direction. Our driver then still got it all wrong, so we ended up going around the diversions twice. We did eventually make it to Coventry and thankfully were not late arriving at the radio station.

SAM_3861

We were made very welcome by everyone at the station whilst we wanted to go on the Vic Minett Show.

DSC00003

It was interesting to see behind the scenes and to be part of a show. Vic is so lovely and a great laugh.SAM_3862

After we had finished with the radio, we headed off into the city for lunch at a Chinese buffet before walking around Coventry.

SAM_3864

SAM_3865

SAM_3866

Beautiful building.

SAM_3867

SAM_3870

Coventry has such a wealth of history and some very impressive buildings.

SAM_3873

SAM_3876

The old Cathedral is a magnificent building, which is undergoing more work.

SAM_3879

Recently Coventry felt a huge amount of sadness when a double decker bus crashed into Sainsbury’s killing two people. The out pouring of grief is still evident.

SAM_3880

We very much enjoyed our day in Coventry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails