*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 16 February 2016

Life After Money.

What an fascinating morning’s listening on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. BBC’s Marian McNamee meets Ilona Richards. Marian spoke to Ilona, who has been described as the Queen of Mean, because of the frugal lifestyle she leads. But listening to her money saving tips and how she lives her life, I can only praise her for standing proud and being prepared to put it out there for us all to see. You can read her blog which has been running for about Eight years. Life After Money is well written and whilst some may find her methods taken to the extreme Ilona has a wonderful life with plenty of friends and lives her life within her means. On the BBC Coventry & Warwickshire Facebook page, people we very quick to comment and criticize Illona for the way she lives her life, but I am not one to assume anything. Having read some of her blog, I really think many could learn something from this fascinating woman. We live in a world, where people want it and want it now. We could all learn to cut back and to save money, rather than spending all the time.

We actually live a frugal lifestyle and we never live outside of our means. If we cannot afford it, we save for it or just go without. I am always looking for ways to save money and a way to reuse something, if it has lost its usefulness.

Definitely going to follow Ilona and see what else I can learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails