*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 7 June 2019

Day 89: Fire is lit.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Ok now we all know we need months of rain to fill up the reservoirs, canals and rivers, but did you have to take the warmth away at the same time?

This morning we had a somewhat leisurely lay in bed with a cup of tea. After the last three days of being in dry dock, it felt like we should relax and chill. Up at 8 am with the weather dry, but a little nippy. To warm the cabin, I got on with baking a fruit cake and a Cheese, Onion and Broccoli quiche. Trouble was the heat from the cooker did not warm the cabin up enough, so yes I know it is June, but I have lit the saloon stove. There is something so comforting about seeing the glow from the stove and feeling its warmth spreading along the cabin. I know we will pay for it later, because we will be opening the doors, due to being too hot, but hey ho needs must and all that.
The weather after lunch took a turn to the wet side, which is of course very much needed and I am not going to sit here and say I hate the rain, because without it no one on boats will be going anywhere during the Summer, if we do not get some substantial water. There are already some restrictions up here, with the locks not opening until 10 am and closing at 4 pm. So there will be no moans from me about it raining. Of course I would like to think we could have good weather for the 15th and 16th June, so the Foxton Locks Festival is not a washout. I do want some warmth back though, if that could be arranged.
I always think it would be wonderful if you could switched the rain on at night and then turn it off during the daytime, but that would only happen in a perfect world.
Due to the weather, I have spent the day cleaning inside the boat and sorting things out. The baking was a bonus, and I fancied a quiche for lunch. We were also out of cake. I have also done a bit more crocheting on blanket number Thirteen.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails