*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 10 January 2020

Bank Vole Action.

Hello family, friends and followers.

A few days of walking, being in pain and getting results. I have been having tests for pain in the Liver area. I have had two sets of blood tests and an Ultra Sound scan and so far it has all been inclusive and I am still in pain. The first set of bloods showed my Liver was so angry and it was not due to alcohol, because I hardly drink anyway the scan showed a couple of cysts but nothing more sinister. I then had the second rounds of bloods, which showed the first round of test results had improved and were back to normal, but it showed that another test was abnormal, so now I have to wait for an appointment with a consultant, which may not be until April :-(. The problem with being in pain, is you can take very little that does not affect the Liver, so I am kind of putting up with the discomfort. The GP asked me again today, how much do I drink on a monthly basis and I had to say very little, because that is true. Even over the festive period we drank hardly anything. We had a bottle of wine and a glass of mulled wine Christmas Day and a tot of Whiskey on New years Eve to see in the New Year and that was it. We only really drink if we eat out and then it is only a pint of beer or a bottle of wine, so I know that alcohol is not causing my problem.

Anyway it will come out in the wash I hope. Until I get answers I am getting on with things when the pain is not to bad. Today I fed our Bank Voles. I say our Bank Voles because they live in our log pile.
I can watch them from our open galley doors, which I put perspex in when it is dry. This morning I put them some food out, when I fed the birds. I then stand and wait for the little darlings. They come out leisurely, so I wonder if they are still sleeping when I put their breakfast out. I like to think that the wafting of the foods smell wakes them up and there they are stretching and yawning at the thought of breakfast that they do not have to find. Anyway I love to stand and watch them running about in the wood pile. This morning I saw at least three Bank Voles, but I suspect there are more. When you consider they only really live for a year if they are lucky, because they get predated by birds, cats etc it is wonderful to have them in our garden.
The rest of my day was in limbo whilst I waited for the GP to ring me and that did not happen until 2.45 pm, which meant not much left of the day to do much and to be honest I did not feel up to much. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails