*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 17 January 2020

The weekend is almost here.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Where did the week go?
We are well over half way through January and I am already wondering just where Christmas went, it seems such a long time ago now. I always remember my Nan telling me that the older you get, the quicker the years fly by. As a child you think, don't be daft. But it is oh so true, the years are flying by. This week has been a whirlwind week, and yet nothing mega has happened really.
The weekend is almost here and I have not a clue as to what I am going to be doing. I think it may include watching films though.
Remember this little chap, I spoke about on Wednesday, well this morning I held out my hand with some meal worms in it and he was so tempted to come and sit on my hand to get his breakfast. I am going to keep working at it and who knows I may get photographic proof of it. I sent the hubby off to Tesco this morning to spend some money we were given as a gift at Christmas. We decided to spend the £10 on a Chinese ready meal box and extras. Why you ask? Well Tesco is doing a deal on a meal for two in a box for £5, where as Sainsbury's is £8, so a no brainer that the other half should get on his bike and cycle to Leamington-Spa. Of course he could of just caught the bus with his bus pass, but I think he required the exercise. Any way he arrived back with a back pack of goodies which will do us for a couple of meals. My Friday has so far included doing a laundry wash, sending hubby off on his bike and me comforting a lady by our pontoon.
I had come back from the laundry room and was just about to empty the ash pan contents into the metal bucket, when I saw this woman standing at the stern of our boat near our pontoon, she began walking towards me and said "I hope you do not mind I have put some flowers in the water". I told her it was absolutely fine. Through floods of tears she went on to tell me it was for some one who was being cremated as we were talking. I gave her a huge hug and asked why she felt she could not be there ( I think family issues). It turned out she had only heard about the cremation at midnight and as it was up country she could not get there in time. I hugged her even tighter, at this point because otherwise I was going to cry. She said that leaving the flowers by our boat felt like the right place after she saw the glass hearts hanging in our trees. She said "It felt like a sign". Oh my word, somethings really touch the heart. I invited her in for a cuppa, but she wanted to be on her way, but thanked me for my kindness. It made me realise how special life is and how we should hug those we love, because one day we will leave them or they will leave us. I just hope she is alright and that she will find peace, because that is all any of us truly want in our lives.
With the feast of food delivered by bike by hubby, it was then time to fire up the oven and decide what we would be having for lunch. I went with the spare ribs, chicken chow mein, with nibbles. It was indeed a real feast all paid for by a dear friend and we will do it all over again tomorrow, because there is enough for two days.
The forecasters had said we would be getting sunshine today, they said nothing about rain, but yes it rained. The garden is so sodden, I cannot get out on it and I have outside jobs which need doing. But until it dries up a bit all those will have to wait.
As the day has worn on the sun really did not come out that much, so no gardening for me today. It has been an indoor day, so I got on with crocheting and tidying the boat. Even though there is only two of us now on the boat, it still gets dusty and untidy and I cannot abide clutter. When you only have such a small living space, you have to be tidy. I do need to de-clutter a bit, but that can wait for warmer weather, because I need to get into my end of the hold, where my shop will be built. As we have a fire in, we have coal in there and that needs to be gone before I can start to strip things down. I am very much looking forward to getting my shop up and running. Then I can get more stock ordered.
Yesterday I was playing around with some of my photographs and the photograph above came out like this.
I do sell my photography on Redbubble.

Well that is enough rambling on for one day and I have battered your ears enough. Have a fabulous weekend.

Pop back soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails