*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 20 March 2020

Day 14: Cheswardine to Adderely.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Travelled 6.7 miles, worked 5 locks, in a time of 2hrs 40mins. 

We woke to sunshine pouring through the pigeon box port holes this morning. It was so nice to feel the warmth of the sun after the weather of late.
We were being blessed with lovely sunshine for the jaunt today ☀️. We left our overnight mooring at 9.05 am. There was a brisk breeze with a distinct bite to it. 🌬. We were both wrapped up well against the chill.
We met a boat coming the other way in the cutting. He was approximately a hundred metre's from the bridge 'ole when we got there and was very grumpy that we did not wait for him to go through first :-(. Sorry but we were their first. You would think in these difficult times we are in at the moment, people would be kinder, but it seems not in this gentleman's world. On many occasions over the years, we have held back and allowed through bridge 'oles first, but only when we are some distance away and we can see they will get there first. Not only that it was shallow in this cutting, so we may have even run aground if we had tried to pull over for him. A little kindness can go a long way.
We had no issue getting through the Woodeaves Cutting landslide. The boat did tip a little, but we managed to get through on tick over. Apparently it will be dredged as soon as is physically possible.
We arrived at the Tyrley locks, where two CRT men kindly set the locks for us.
On through Market Drayton where there was only a couple of boats on the moorings. It has been a quiet day boating wise.
We have moored above Adderley locks for the weekend. Because of the Shroppie shelf, we are someway from the bank, but we will manage, even with my little legs. So this is home for the next couple of days, in the middle of no where, with nice walks and the birds singing.
I sincerely hope that you as my readers and followers are keeping well and safe. If you are self isolating and want a natter, please do leave me a message and I will answer when I can :-). We are both keeping fine. Boating in the middle of now where is probably the best place to be right now.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails