*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 24 March 2020

Day 18: Heading home part 2.

Dear family, friends and followers.

After what was a very restless night for me (worried), we woke before 5 am and I made us a cuppa. Listening to the news again this morning after Boris Johnson gave us his talk last night, it is clear to us that we are so doing the right thing by going home.
6 am the alarm went off, which meant it was up and at them. Early breakfast and boat chores. We set off at 6.55 am and headed for Autherley Junction and then Wolverhampton 21. My hope was that we would not meet any one hanging around the locks, because I honestly was feeling I would lose my rag with them. It actually turned out we met a boat coming out of our first lock of the day. They had come down the flight yesterday, moored up three locks from the bottom over night. On hearing Boris, they decided to wind and head back to Alvechurch. They very kindly allowed us to go ahead of them whilst they winded. As we worked our way up the flight, I set the lock for them to come up behind us (observing the 2 metre social distancing). It all worked really well, albeit a lot slower than we would usually be. We did meet people walking, cycling and running, but I was thankful they kept their distance. We did meet a CRT man checking the water levels and he was saying that CRT are working on a skeleton staff now and are only doing water checks and emergencies. He also told me about what happened to his wife yesterday. She works for ASDA and yesterday she had to help stop someone from taking more than they needed out of the store. The man coughed in her face and told her that he hoped she dies. What the hell is wrong with people? Anyway she is handing in her notice, because the CRT man said we do not need that sort of behaviour or the extra money. I feel so sad that mankind can be so awful at times.
We stopped at Neptune's Wharf in Tipton to get some supplies, using two small shops, which had everything we needed. I am really trying to keep away from supermarkets, whilst people are being so ridiculous. Having got our supplies we then headed towards Birmingham. I really think that people did not listen to Boris last night and understand how bad this is getting and will continue to get, because every man, woman and dog were out today either walking, cycling or running. At Brades Locks there were even people drinking beer and soaking up the sunshine. Please, please, please stay at home and listen to what you are being told.
We are moored in Birmingham and will make another run for home tomorrow.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails