*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 19 October 2020

Time to get busy.

 

Dear family, friends and followers.

At the moment we are all going through such an uncertain time. I like most are doing the right things to keep safe and well. I have been a little sedentary of late, what with mum dying and other things happening in my life. I have been going for my morning walks, which were much needed. I have also been spending a lot of time working on my family tree. I decided that in order to get the answers I was looking for, I needed to join Ancestry, and get their help especially with Keith's side of the family, which has a bit of mystery about it. Joining Ancestry, has meant I have been sitting glued to my laptop for hours on end, researching the family and finding out some interesting things, which I will tell you about over the coming days and weeks.
This morning, I decided that it was time to get out and work on the hedge at the back of our garden. The hedge was allowed to overgrow and the centre of the hedge was full of dead wood. When we moved onto the mooring, we just tidied it up, with the view to give it a good going over and that time has come.
Our hedge is over 70ft long, so it is going to take me a while. I have begun to cut the hedge back by about a foot and now I am stripping out the dead wood. My hope is that next Spring, there will be new growth and the hedge will fill out again. I also want to drop the height of the hedge down a bit as well, because it is too tall for me to trim the top. I want to take it down by at least a foot once I have finished stripping it out. A bit job, but I hope well worth it. Being out in the fresh air, has given me a lot of satisfaction and it is where I am happiest. 

Thank you for popping by. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails