*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 27 May 2022

Snarestone to Shackerstone.

 

Hi all.

This morning, we woke early to the sound of the wind and the birdsong. The breeze was showing no sign of calming down, so we sat in bed and had a cuppa, whilst listening to the radio.

Once up and sorted out, we waved goodbye to Snarestone Wharf at 8.40am and headed off from whence we had come.

Back through Snarestone Tunnel, which is only short, but requires us to take off our long pipe and put the short one on and we also took our back cabin chimney down, just in case.
Out into the sunshine and on our way. 
We were not the only one on the move today.

I love boating through wooded areas. I do wonder if their are wildlife eyes watching us from the woods and in the trees, such as Owls, Deer etc. 
An hour and twenty minutes later we were moored at Shackerstone, so just a short hop for us today.

After a cuppa, we decided to take a walk up to the station, to see if anything had changed in the past 10 years. It was clear to see it is still exactly the same.
We then had a walk around the village.
St. Peter's Church. 
Nice to see the Rising Sun is still here, but although it advertises they do food all day, they do not. They are open from 12 noon, but only do food on Wednesday steak night, Friday Pizza night and Sunday Roast. There was a time when it was food all day with a large menu, but not at the moment, which is a real shame.
The old School, which is now a Village Hall. Nothing much has changed in the village, which in some ways is nice, because so many places we see have changed such a lot, with lots of new housing, which can spoil small villages. 
The brisk breeze today has had a real chill in it, which is not what we were expecting. But our solar panel has enjoyed plenty of sunshine, to keep the batteries topped up. All is okay in my world today.

Pop back soon x





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails