*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 15 August 2022

Exciting events.

 

Hi All.

What an exciting few days we have had.

Firstly we have the Commonwealth Games road race through the town.


It was very exciting watching the men and women's races right outside where we live.

 
I stood out there pretty much all day watching the races. The women did 7 laps and the men did 10 laps. 

Then on the 10th August, we welcomed Marple and Chiltern to the Arm.
Both boats have come from Ellesmere Port Boat Museum from their collection of historic boats and they now both have a home with us in the Arm, where they will get some much needed TLC.
Marple the Ice Breaker hull, was put into the mock lock first.
Once she was in place it was time to lift Chiltern off of the lorry.
All our fingers were crossed that she made it into the lock in one piece, because she is a little frail.
Chiltern in her new home, where she will now get some much needed restoration and care.

Pop back soon xx








 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails