*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 24 January 2010

A Close Encounter.

Hi Folks.

One of the most wonderful things about living on a boat, is the fact that we get to greet and meet allsorts of wildlife, so in a way I was not to surprised by my close encounter last night.
My phone had been ringing whilst I was eating dinner. Now I am one of those people who does not answer her phone whilst eating. If I had been out eating, my phone would have been switched off, but as we were at home enjoying a nice Lamb dinner, I let it ring. Having enjoyed our meal and washed up, I then checked to see who wanted me to urgently. It turned out to be a very dear friend, who understood when I explained to her that I was eating when she rang. To use my phone, I have to stand outside on the back counter, which is freezing at the moment, so I normally stand on the back step, with the doors closed behind me, so that I can get the warmth of the fire up my legs. Anyway enough about my legs, which are not that glamourous. I was nattering away to my friend, when out of the darkness came a four legged animal. At first I thought it was a dog, but as it drew closer I realised it was a Fox our on his evening ramble. He walked past me, as if he had not even seen me standing on the boat. My only regret was the fact that I did not get a photograph of this most majestic creature. I am so hoping that he comes back again, as Foxes are creatures of habit, so he may well pass my way again, and this time I will have my camera at hand. It made my evening seeing Mr/Mrs Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails