*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 27 January 2010

Star of stage and screen hires a narrowboat.

We love living on our boat and are always so happy to welcome new people on to the water. So it is a warm welcome to Keira Knightley who is hiring a canal boat in London.
It seems over the years many a star from stage and screen has hired or owned a boat. In 2004 Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart hired a narrowboat and crusied the Llangollen Canal. Timothy West and his wife Prunella Scales own their own boat. There are many others who enjoy the tranquilty of the water. Do not be fooled into thinking that boating on the canals is just for the rich and famous. It is not, we are not rich or famous and yet love the life like thousands of others. It was thought that there are over 30,000 boats on the system. Most of them are in marina's for most of the year, which is just as well, because if they all came out on to the system, no one would be moving. The waterways would end up like the M1 or M25, clogged with traffic and stressed our steerers. ;0).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails