It was time to get the paint brushes out again and this time the engine room was going to get all the attention.
We stripped out the shelving and the step and I got on with painting them in the hold, that was yesterdays job (Friday).
Todays job was to start on the engine, so having off the air filter, oil filter and starter motor with Keith, I got on with rubbing the engine down.
The first coat went on really easily, despite the problems of getting round the engine.
The morning sunshine and heat soon had the paint nice and dry.
After lunch I decided it was dry enough to put on coat number two and to paint the guards over the alternators, oil filter and air filter.
I do so love it when I can get such a lot done and that is the benefit of having this mooring and not moving this year. I know I can get all the paintwork done, without having to worry about moving or putting things away.
and Malus came into the arm today to stay for a few days.
They are two 1930′s work boats that are owned jointly by Coombeswood Canal Trust (CCT) and the BCN Society.
A busy old day, but feel so pleased to have broken the back of the engine repaint.