*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 11 June 2014

Never a dull moment.

I know I am a bad girl, no posts for a few days but it has been a busy time of late, what with doctor and hospital visits, plus working in the  Arm and all the usual boat stuff.

I am here now with a few words about what has been going on of late. We have had visitors which has been fabulous. Paul and family on NB Waterways Routes came into the arm. Paul’s wife (Sorry cannot remember her name) kindly gave me a bag of wool, which will help with making some blankets for the Heritage Weekend her at the Arm later in the year. All wool is very gratefully received, as I hope to make up a nice stock of blankets. We also had a visit from Jenine de Leie and Chrissie and Pete. They had come in to tow a boat to Hillmorton for repair.

Today we had a visit from Sharon and Richard on NB OakApple. They came to collect a couple of crocheted cushion covers I had made for them and Richard needed to get his medication and some shopping. Richard has been very poorly of late. You can read all about it on their BLOG. I put the kettle on and we sat and had a good old chin wag over coffee and of course like all boaters we managed to put the world to right, before they left to head to Sainsbury for shopping.

I have been kept busy with the gardens at the Arm and our own garden, which is now coming on a treat. The Runner Beans are running up the poles at the one end of the garden, but taking a slow stroll at the other end of the garden. It is clear the soil is not the same at either end. I sewed Carrot and Spring Onion seeds at both ends and one lot is coming up, but the others have died a death, so have now put some Dwarf Beans in their place, so we will see how they go.

IMG_5008

Our Yucca now has a huge and glorious flower, which has made the plant top heavy so we have had to put a couple of ropes around the base and have tied it to a mooring stake to help it stay upright until the flowering is over with, then we will need to build up the soil around the base, otherwise we may lose it when the gales come.

I have been busy with my camera again. You can see my efforts on my other BLOG. There is such a lot of wildlife going on here in the Arm.

Yesterday the opening of the lock gate sculpture took place.

IMG_5046

Guests included the new Mayor of Warwick Cllr Moria Ann Grainger.

IMG_5057

Tony Hales Chairman of C&RT unveils plaque, officially declaring our new Canal Contemplation Area Open!

IMG_5045

We were so pleased the weather was kind for the event.

I have been to the doctors with my aching and painful joints and I have to go back on Friday for blood tests. Maybe I will find out once and for all if it is due to the Menopause, or something else is going on.

Keith is doing very well. He was at the doctors this morning for his Septoplasty update. It has all healed now, but Keith is suffering with a lot of mucus, so the GP is trying him on some tablets to help clear that up. As for the rest of him he is absolutely fine. He has made a fantastic recovery and so we look forward to cruising again next year all being well.

I will do my best to post again soon, but life takes over and there is always something to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails