*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 4 August 2014

Freedom.

A few months ago the Arm took in some new residence. They were a pair of Mandarin ducks. Tony one of the residence here made then a lovely home which they have gotten used to. But yesterday it was release day.

IMG_6859

Tony unscrewed the drop down flap.

IMG_6863

Now we were all expecting Rosie and Jim (yes that is their names) to dash out, making a break for freedom, but they were having none of it.

IMG_6890

Our resident Swan paid them a visit and invited them to come out.

IMG_6975

Our young Moorhen even popped for a bit to eat and showed them how to get out, but no they were staying put.

IMG_6972

They clearly enjoyed their home and were not for leaving. Then later in the evening the female finally ventured out into the wide blue yonder, but Jim did not come out to gone 10pm when it was getting dark, which worried us all. Both Rosie and Jim seemed none to worried about being out of their home, which was left open in case they felt the need to return to the comfort provided.

IMG_7157

This morning they were happily swimming around in our winding hole, which is good news, because if they stay in that area then visitors will be able to see and feed them there.

IMG_7085

The next worry was how would they get on with getting out of the water, because they have had their wings pinioned so they cannot fly far. They appear to have made friends with this female Mallard, but haven’t worked out how to get up onto the bank where she is.

IMG_7226

We need not have worried, because this afternoon they were out on the bank by the winding hole soaking up the sun and having a snooze.

We really hope that they stay with us and perhaps breed next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails