*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 10 August 2014

Bertha showing her teeth.

Blimey what a wet morning we have had. Bertha is reminding us that mother nature is in charge.

IMG_7368

Yes it really was this dark at 10 am this morning. It was lashing it down with rain. Not a good day for us or the ducks who were less than impressed with the weather.

The water level rose and the wind began to blow. We then heard a bang. Diving out of the or hobbling in Keith’s case (more on that in a mo), our bow was drifting rapidly in the wind across the arm, so it was a matter of getting a rope on and heaving her back into the side. Ian the site manager happened to be coming along and asked what the problem was. He soon had it fixed with another mooring plate and ring, to replace the rather rusty old one. Just as he was about to fit the new one the heavens opened again, so he got his second soaking of the day. His first had come with him taking the day boat out. Even in the weather this morning the people who had booked the day boat were determined to take her out and as always Ian takes them out of the arm and towards the first lock.

So mooring ring fitted, I tied us back up and left a centre line on just in case the mooring ring should pull through the soggy wood. Hopefully it will last until a proper repair can be done, as we also need some new pontoon boards which are rotten.

Back to Keith. On Friday he had his Physio’s appointment at the hospital, I did not see the point in going with him, because I have to sit in the waiting room whilst he is seen, so I stayed on the boat and cooked lunch for when he got back. His Physio went pretty well, the Physio gave him a new exercise to do to replace a couple of the old ones which were not helping his back. The Physio went off to do the paperwork for his next appointment went off whilst Keith got dressed and whilst she was gone, Keith went to put his shoes on and wam his back goes. He managed to hobble home (poor man) and is now back on his tablets and struggling a bit. he has to be fit for the coming week, because he has a CT scan and more Physio, so we will have to see how things go.  His back is a real worry, as I cannot see it ever being right again.

As for me well I am fine (Just as well one of us is). The HRT situation needs tweaking. It works to a point and I have noticed a bit of a difference, in so much as the symptoms are not as bad as they had been, but I think I need to up the dosage to get a better outcome, so I am seeing the community practitioner on the 1st September, so see where I go from here. I know for any woman reading this who is also going through the Menopause, HRT is not for everyone, but when you have suffered for 7 years and things have gotten worse, I can see no point in struggling on without help. It drives me mad that I am not my normal self and I am frustrated in more ways than one, because it does upset me, but of course I cannot show that side, because I have to keep going regardless. Anyway I will be fine, I just need to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails