*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 19 November 2014

Day at the races.

Today there was racing on the cards.

We had hoped to be able to see them from Jubilee Wood, but there were notices on the gates saying that there was no access due to the racing.

IMG_8261

So we decided to walk up through the wood.

IMG_8264

Autumnal colours were plentiful.

IMG_8266

With it being so mild, it was hard to believe we are creeping ever closer to December and Christmas.

IMG_8265

At one of the entrances to the racecourse a Marshall is on guard and the camera man is filming the racing.

We decided to walk back through the wood and down on to the road, to take us to the racecourse. Hoping we could see the racing from along side the racecourse car park. We were in luck.

IMG_8269

No sooner we arrived, Jockeys and their mounts were heading off to the start.

IMG_8274

Perfect day for racing and the ground looked good.

IMG_8298

Up and over.

IMG_8300

No fallers.

IMG_8301

Majestic watching them jump.

We only stayed for the one race, but we will definitely go back and I will take my long lens next time. I actually feel we are so lucky living so close to the racecourse. Not just for the racing, but it is a beautiful place to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails