*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 30 November 2014

Onward and Upwards.

IMG_8397

On the 16th November we made it to lock 37 before turning round and heading back for home.

Today it was going to be the day that we made it all the way to the top of the Hatton flight.

IMG_8399

Left home at 1 pm and headed off up the flight. 45 minutes later we were at the top.

IMG_8403

In the distance St. Mary’s Church. Her town standing tall and proud in the Winter sunshine.

IMG_8407

This very attractive and eye catching stainless steel sculpture by Gideon Petersen is in a side pond above Lock 42 on the Grand Union Canal, opposite the British Waterways depot.

IMG_8411

The Canal & River Trust buildings and workshops.

IMG_8412

Getting closer to the cafe.

IMG_8413

Hatton Arms. We have not been in there yet. It over looks the Hatton Flight.

IMG_8416

I promised Keith, if we made it to the top of the flight, I would treat him to a cuppa from the cafe. I always keep my promises.

IMG_8419

Stunning spot. The cafe was very busy.

IMG_8418

IMG_8421

The Lock Cottage, looks like it could do with a little TLC.

IMG_8424

After a well earned cuppa and rest, it was then time to head downwards and back home.

IMG_8432

The afternoon sunshine was descending, as it walked towards dusk and the temperature began to slide, but the walk down hill was a joy. Keith had certainly done well today, but was beginning to feel it as we strolled down hill towards home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails