*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 9 November 2014

Meeting up with friends.

Yesterday the weather was not at all nice, not even the ducks like it, but things still needed doing.

We needed to head into town to go to the post office, and then Keith needed new laces for his boots. We got ever so slightly damp, but soon dried out on the boat, which was cosy and warm with the saloon stove going.

11 am we shut the boat up and head out of the arm and down on to the towpath to meet up with Jan and Tom on Waiouru. Jan and Tom had very kindly invited us for coffee and to carry on our chit chat.

jan tom and keith

Non of us expected our nattering to carry on till 2.15 pm. But I think we managed to put the world to right and there was no mention of the boaters usual topic of conversation. If your a boater and your reading this,  I will not need to tell you what that topic is. We actually joked before Keith and I left that the word had not been spoken about once, which must be a record. It was a delight to spend time in Jan and Tom’s company, they are a wonderful couple. We finally left them, allowing them to have their bit of peace and headed off home. Lunch was to be a late one and then it was time to put our feet up and watch films all afternoon. As we settled down there was a knock on the boat and low and behold it was Chris and Tim off of  The Stoker, who are moored in the arm for the Winter, so we had a catch up with them. I am sure over the coming months whilst they are here, we will get to natter a lot more. The afternoon sky was darkening and so we said our “Goodbyes”. The joy of having Winter moorer’s in, is we get to catch up with people we know and hear all their Summer cruising news.

I am not a fan of the dark nights drawing in, but it is that time of year and so it is something I like everyone else has to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails