*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 27 April 2016

Wigan to Haskayne

storm

Yesterday after we moored up at Wigan Pier, the storm clouds gathered.

overhead

We then had sleet, snow and hail thrown at us with strong winds. Winter is not quite done with us it seems.

We had a latish start to our day and no it was not a lie in, because we were awake at 6 am, but Keith wanted to pop into Halfords for some oil additive for our elderly engine. We got off at 9.30 am and headed off into the sunshine and cool breeze, although it was warmer than yesterday.

We waited at a lock for half an hour for boat behind us to catch us up, Jo even walked back and couldn’t see them, but low and behold halfway through emptying the lock they turned up. We didn’t bother to wait at the next lock.

lock mooring

This is what lock moorings are for apparently?

There was copious amounts of Bluebells and Wild Garlic in the ancient woodland along the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. The scent wafting across the canal to us as we passed by.

After what was a good days cruising, we have moored up at the Ship Inn, Haskyne, the first canalside pub to be built alongside the Leeds & Liverpool canal.

We decided that we would enjoy a beer and a meal and we were not disappointed.

SAM_1806[4]

The Boatman’s Bitter was very good as was the food, we can definitely recommend a meal at The Ship Inn.

After the lovely meal and chatting to the friendly staff, I got on with cleaning the brass, before retiring to the boat to watch a DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails