*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday, 27 May 2016

Consall Forge to Froghall Basin.

Yesterday we spent the day at Consall Forge below the Black Lion Pub.

IMG_5820

We enjoyed a pint in the pub, walked up the Devils Stair case. 198 steps up and then another 198 down, so a real workout. This called for an ice cream at the pub.

IMG_5755

We had a lovely view of Consall Forge Railway Station, alls we needed was for a Steam Train to come along.

This morning we set off for Froghall Tunnel, with the hope we could make it into the basin.

SAM_4432

We had to move about 3 tonne of coal forward to get the bow down enough. We then stripped everything off the cabin and Keith crept through, whilst I walked to the other side of the 76 yard tunnel.

SAM_4437

Hadar came out the otherside without a scratch, although Keith was on his knees.

SAM_4454

We are now moored in the basin for the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You're in one of the prettiest places on the canal system. We stayed in the holiday cottages next to the basin last year and it was just as pretty in the snow as it is in the sun. Paula

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting, I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails