*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 16 May 2016

Dutton to Paddys Wood.

We had a nice weekend moored at Dutton and the weather was kind.

We set off this morning at 8.30 am ready to do the tunnels.

IMG_4801

We arrived early so had to wait for 9.30 am to go through the tunnel.

IMG_4802

Having done Saltersford and Barnton tunnels it on was onward past the Anderton Lift.

IMG_4825

We stopped at Anderton to take on water, empty the toilet and get rid of rubbish and whilst there I sold a bottle of Toilet Blue, to a boater who had been following us. We left him to fill up with water and we carried on.

halsall

It was lovely to see Martin on Halsall off on his deliveries no doubt.

IMG_4859

The trees are all now well in leaf and the Bluebells are dying back, but the scent from the wild Garlic was pungent on the breeze.

IMG_4861

Bramble Cutting was empty, so we could have stopped, but it was still early, so we decided to carry on. It is looking lovely, someone has been putting in a lot of work to get it looking tidy.

IMG_4862

First lock of the day was Big Lock at Middlewich.

IMG_4863

By the time we got to the Middlewich 3 locks we were in a queue of 3 boats. So I walked up to help the other boats through. The lock keeper on duty came and helped us through locks 2 and 3.

IMG_4875

Up through Kings lock and a further four locks to do before we stopped at Paddys Wood at 5.30 pm.

IMG_4885

We have not named the wood after our Paddy, it is already named Paddy in the Canal guide, so it is fitting for us to stop here on the ringed mooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails