*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 18 May 2016

Moored at Westport Lake.

The weather forecast for today was supposed to be dreadful. It was raining when we woke up, but we decided we would work up two locks, moor up and go to Tesco for food.

Locks done, food shop done, we then decided to head for Harecastle Tunnel.

IMG_4938

We had to wait for an hour to go through, so I put the shopping away, made a coffee and some lunch whilst we waited.

1 pm we started through the tunnel and so I put the washing machine on. It was a touch foggy in the tunnel ha ha the fans were clearly not doing a great job, because we still had all the smoke from the previous three boats.

IMG_4949

On exiting the tunnel, we thought we would moor up for the day on the oppsite bank, but having spoken to the tunnel keeper Derek, we decided to move off. He had told us that since the cottage became empty they have had things being taken, so we thought we would move.

IMG_4950

We are now moored at Westport Lake, which is stunning in the sunshine. Photographs to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails