*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 6 October 2017

Busy time of year.

Hi Friends and Followers.

Wow it has been all go since my last posting. Whilst we were at Merry Hill we went to a boat gathering with folk from Hawne Basin, Wythymoor Island and Longwood Boat Club. Each boater brought along food, either cold or cooked. Gazebo's went up, beer arrived as did the folk and we all had a wonderful time.It was nice to catch-up with people we knew and make friends with those we had never met before and hopefully will will do it again.
Once we left Merry Hill, it was back into Birmingham. We moored on the Ozzell Street Loop for a few days and again caught up with people we knew. Shopping was done at the market and lots of photographs were taken. I do so love Birmingham.
This morning it was time to say "Cheerio" to Brum and so we set off for the Black Country Living Museum.

We had a nice run from Birmingham up Smethwick locks. It is a shame the toll house is all burnt out though. Our jaunt ended just around lunchtime at the Black Country Living Museum.
Keith went and got us a portion of fish and chips lunch, which we split in half. We then went off for a wander around the museum, nattering to the people we have gotten to know there.
As the afternoon wore on there was only one thing to do and that was to have a pint in the Bottle and Glass pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails