*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 15 December 2019

Counting down.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Ten days to go, and some of us will all be stuffing ourselves with food and drinking to much. Then the opening of the presents. Or do you open your presents first?

Now for anyone who reads my ramblings, you will know I do not get political on my blog, because that is not what my blog is about. This past few weeks has seen so much vitriol in the papers (we do not buy), on the radio and TV, why on earth would I want to add to all the garbage that has been spoken about. Thursday I along with the other half went and put our cross on the voting paper and made our choice. Now my choice may well not have been yours, and that is fine. What drives me mad is that people are now arguing about who voted for who. It does not flippen matter, we are all entitled to vote for who we like and if at the end the party that wins is not your party, get over it and move on. There are some who did not bother to vote and again that is their decision, but do not moan when he party that gets in was not what you expected. You could of voted and changed the result. If you did not vote you have no right to moan, you will just have to go with the flow for the next five years and perhaps then you will do like the other 67% of the population at the election you will go and cast your vote and make it count.
Ok enough politics.

Christmas as we all know is almost here. For many it is a time of sadness and loneliness. Not everyone enjoys the festive season for many different reason. If you know someone who will be alone this Christmas, please go and check on them and give them a few kind words, which will probably make their day. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be alone at Christmas. Of course I know some people prefer to be alone and if it works for them then fine. But it is still nice to just check on them and say "Hello".

Yesterday we had our residential Christmas lunch at Ask Italian. It was wonderful and the food was excellent. There was a lot of laughter and fun. We spent over three hours enjoying each others company. As we slid ever closer to Christmas Day, I am already working out how I am going to be cooking Christmas lunch and what the rest of the day will bring. For both of us, we are looking forward to a quiet and chilled out Christmas.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails