*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 10 February 2021

Time to get physical.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Brrrr a chilly few days, with snow on and off. Not enough snow for my liking, but hey ho. 

On our wonderful mooring, we have our garden running alongside it and across the back of the garden is a 70ft walkway, which is there, so we can cut the hedge, which also runs along the mooring. Since we moved onto the mooring back in 2019, we have been worried about the walkway, because it leans and some of the slates on top are rotten.

We are having it replaced by a friend and having spoken to him this morning, I agreed to start dismantling the walkway, so he could see what lay beneath.
What lies beneath is soil, timber and broken paving slabs. The walkway has been there a number of years and because it open to all of the elements it has rotted from the inside out, which means it will all need replacing.
An hour later and I had taken all the top slats off, which pleased Mr Robin no end, because he could have a nosey around for something to eat. We are planning to use some of the timbers taken up from across the canal. Our site manager has been replacing some of the odd side pontoon and some of the timbers are still in good condition, so we are going make use of it.
Once he has finished the pontoon, I will go over and help to load all the old wood onto the work boat and then we can sort through and see what we will need for our walkway. This is going to keep costs down by a lot. Really enjoyed being out and getting physical.

Pop back soon xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails