*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 5 July 2021

Thank You.

Dear family, friends and followers.

At the time of typing, I can say we are still negative and we do not expect that to change after our families brush with Covid-19.

Thank you so much for your lovely message, they have meant a lot. Again as I type this posting youngest daughter Steph is getting better. She has a nasty cough, which is making her breathless, but she say's she is improving. Dan her partner, seems to be having a milder case of this dreadful virus, which is a blessing. As a mother, it has made me feel quite helpless, because I could not be there to help them, but hopefully they are over the worst. 

This country of ours is expected to drop all restrictions on the 19th July. I am seriously wondering if this is the right decision? I realise that at some point, we need to get on with our lives and as some have said we need to learn to live with this, just like living with the flu. But this is not the flu and it has been a real killer. 

Today we are thanking our 73 year old NHS for all their hard work and wishing them a happy birthday, and I just hope we are not heading towards inflicting yet more work on them, with the virus getting out of hand again. It is amazing to think that our NHS is 73 years old. How incredibly lucky are we to have this wonderful service? I am incredibly humble and thankful for their help over the years. They saved my husband in 2014 and they helped to bring my children into the world over the years. They were there when my daughter and mother died and looked after them to the end. It is so easy to take what we have for granted. The Queen has awarded the George Cross to the National Health Services of the UK and it has been hard earned, especially over this past 18 months. I say and very sincere "Thank You" to everyone who works within the NHS.

Because Keith and I have been self-isolating, we have not really been out in the garden, although we can. Because we have a footpath alongside our mooring, which the public can use, we have chosen to stay inside for most of the time. Keith has done his walking up and down the pontoon, which he has to do for his back pain. I have been out late in the day to empty the cassette, take on water and get rid of rubbish, making sure we have kept away from the other moorers here, even though we know we are negative. I may venture into the garden later to do some dead heading and to check for weeds, because have had a lot of rain and thunderstorm this past few days. The rain was very much welcomed, but the weeds I can do without. I am looking forward to getting back out there and joining in with work in the Arm, because we have new fencing to put up and the gardens will require attention. The one thing being in self-isolation has got me to do and that is to get rid of my sewing and mending pile, so there is always a plus to a minus. I have shortened some dungarees, mended some shorts after they split, repaired Keith's old shirts and mended a boat flag. I actually fancy getting some material and making a quilt, so I may just have to have a nosey on Ebay for some fabric. 

Does anyone know anything about Fibromyalgia? 

The reason I ask, is because I have some of the symptoms. I have read the stuff online, but want to hear from anyone going through it, before I bother the GP, who I know is over run at the moment. I suffer with Costochondritis and have done for a few years, which I control with medication, but these other problems have come along and it is looking like Fibromyalgia. I would be interested to hear about it from someone who suffers.

Pop back soon xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails