*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday, 15 February 2010

Personal Torture.

I guess we all go through some sort of personal crisis at least once in our lives and it causes us to feel as if we are being tortured. I have had my fair share of personal torture through out my life.
This morning I woke up to the sound of a neighbouring boats dog yapping and I could not help but think, I wish it would just shut up. It is everso cute, but it has an annoying yap for a bark.
So there I was awake lying in the semi-darkness of the back cabin and my thoughts gravitated to my family and what they must be doing with their lives. I don’t know what is happening in their lives right now. When I say I do not know, it is because I am not in personal contact with any of them. But yesterday I found out, through the wonder of the internet, that one of my girls is getting married. It bought back allsorts of emotions. I could not help but think, should I have done things differently?
It is said that you should never look backwards, or even go back and that is correct, but it does not stop you thinking.

5 comments:

  1. Can't begin to imagine what that must be like, to know your daughter getting married and, I guess from what you said, that you have not been involved or invited. Won't presume to comment further, but that's very sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaydubbah.
    In one respect, I am so excited for her and happy that she has found happiness. But then comes the heartache, that I should be there helping her to organise everything. Sadly I am only ever contacted when she wants something and then left sitting waiting for the next contact. I realised a long time ago, I cannot live my life like that, because I have already come close to a break down once. As you say it is very sad. But unfortunately when a marriage breaks up, people tend to take sides, and that includes the children. I am lucky my husband now is a wonderful person and he has a good shoulder to cry on when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. I am finding it fascinating, the way I am gradually finding things out about the people I have made friends with on the internet (LadyBanana is one)and how we start to trust each other with things. Living in the present is always best, trying not to regret anything past or worry too much about the future either.
    Love Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay. I think that possibly, we find it easier to confide in someone we do not know, because they are less likely to judge us. I have made some wonderful friends on the internet and that includes my husband, who I met on the Internet back in 2000. Thank you for taking the time to send me a message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is news that is bound to stir up emotions, I can't imagine being in that situation with my offspring.

    It was bad enough finding out at Christmas that a cousin and an Aunt had both died and I had not been informed and probably wouldn't if I hadn't sent them a card. An Uncle wrote back to tell me they had passed away.

    Families eh!

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting, I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails