*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 4 March 2010

Crash, Bang Wallop.

Good evening.

Having had a restless night, as hubby was so good through the night. We were disturbed once more at around 7am, by a crash, bang wallop on the roof above our heads. My first thought was a duck. So when I climbed out of the boat to walk P, I was not surprised to see a Mallard lying on the roof. We reckon she had probably landed heavily on the boat, to get away from an randy Drake. On closer inspection, I noticed that she was in fact limping. What I did not know was the injury caused by landing on the roof heavily or had she got this injury somewhere else. The decision was taken, to leave her be and just keep an eye on her. If she became distress or her limp got worse, we were prepared to call wither the RSPCA or the local wildlife rescue. She stayed put for most of the morning, but close to lunchtime, she walked to the edge of the roof and leapt off. Her limp did not look to bad, so hopefully she will be fine. I will keep an eye open for her over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails