*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 11 April 2010

Sunshine and boat painting.

It is so nice to have some warmer weather at last. The sun has really been warm this past couple of days, which has meant that the Spring flowers are bursting forth. The first Violets are now out along the towpath. There is something wonderful about seeing Violets in the Spring, with their delicate petals and perfume. No doubt they will get trampled by dogs and walkers, who fail to see their beauty.
Talking of beauty, P and I passed by Mrs Swan on her nest again. She is sitting very tightly on her nest of leaves, so here's hoping she has some eggs under her. I wished her a good morning, before heading on my way. Whilst walking back to the boat, this pair of Willows caught my eye. Their leaves are just forming, in this vibrant green, which shows up well on the calm water.
The water was so calm that it was not moving at all. There was not a breath of wind to be had.
So far over this weekend, I have been very busy with painting the boat. So far I have painted the Cratch Board, cabin roof and handrails and touched up the paintwork on the body of the boat. She is beginning to look really nice again. Even though she is a working boat, I like to keep her nice and tidy. There has been a lot of rubbing down, but it is worth it. If a job is worth doing, it is worth doing well, so my Nan always used to tell me. It has not been all work and no play. I have spent a fair amount of time chatting to passers-by and watching the boats coming in and out of the basin.
I am hoping this warm weather is set to continue for a few more days, so that I can get all of the outside paintwork done, at least on one side of the boat. I will then turn the boat around and start of the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails