*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 3 August 2013

Branston Village and Water Park.

Map picture

Yesterday (Friday) we walked into Branston Village. To get to the village from the canal, you climb the steps alongside The Bridge Inn, walk down beside the houses and then you come to a subway.

SAM_5900

SAM_5901

I am not sure I would want to walk through the subway at night, but that is me just being a wimp. After leaving the subway you walk along the pavement till you get to the end of the road and you turn left.

SAM_5906

There is a village Post Office, then you walk on a little further and you come to a group of shops.

SAM_5902

Hairdressers, Fish and Chip shop, Newsagent and store and Pet Shop.

SAM_5903

The Blacksmiths Arms.

SAM_5904

Chinese Takeaway.

We then turned around and walked back from whence we came.

SAM_5905

On the other side of the road there is a large medical centre and pharmacy.

SAM_5907

The Gate Inn.

SAM_5908

And back to The Bridge Inn.

Today (Saturday) we walked around the Water Park.

SAM_5915

SAM_5914

The lake is a disused gravel pit, with woodland and wetland surrounding it making it ideal for allsorts of waterfowl and wildlife.

SAM_5916

There is a visitor centre which is open at weekends, although it was closed when we walked past it and that was because we were early birds. They have a large car park, and the 1 mile walk has tarmac footpaths making it easy for everyone to use. Wonderful place with plenty to see and places to sit and picnic.

I have put some of the photographs I took this morning on my Wildlife Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails