The end is in sight I feel, especially as today I managed to get such a lot done.
Firstly I got on with rubbing down the front deck and the back counter, Keith did some rewiring in the engine room, whilst it was cleared out. He wanted to get some cabling inside the trunk which he had added, so it is all sorted now and much tidier.
With the front deck rubbed down I painted the first coat of Red/Brown Epifanes paint, it is the first time I have used this paint and I am pretty pleased with the results. Mind you at over £50 a tin I should be .
Keith had finished in the engine room, so I gave the floor a second coat of paint early so it would have all day to dry. I then painted the back counter. By the time all of that was done, it was lunch time and some much needed cheese on toast was made and a coffee. All this painting makes me hungry. I discovered today what gave me a dreadful headache yesterday, it was the paint I used in the engine room, because after doing the second coat today I ended up with another headache. I had both the engine room doors open so there was plenty of ventilation, but still I got a headache .
After lunch I touched up the paint work on the pigeon box and on the bow, so it is all looking tickety boo for five minutes. I can now see the end of the tunnel as far as the paint work goes for this year. Last year with the weather being so poor, I hardly got anything done, so it has been a matter of catching up.