*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 6 May 2014

One good turn and all that.

Over the past few days we have had some lovely weather, which has meant I have gotten a lot of gardening done. The main issue with our new garden are the weeds. We have a lot of bind weed and it grows so quickly, so every day we go out and search for the signs it is coming up again and did it out root and all if possible. 
One of our neighbours very kindly made us a bird table to replace my feeding station, which has been good, but being cheap it is already going rusty. Our new super dooper bird table is fantastic and we absolutely love it. The post we have used to fix it to is a Calder and Hebble Spike, which we bought to do the locks when we had our other boat, but it never got used, because the locks were all in our favour, so we have found another use for it as we will not be taking Hadar up there because she is to long. So we have given it a new life. Keith drilled the holes in the post and bird table post and I banged the spike into the garden. I did not miss once with the sledge hammer :-). Spike in and table attached, I added some mug hooks to hang the feeders off. Now the birds just need to earn that this is a new luxury way of feeding. The Blue Tits were straight in on the feeders, but the Sparrows are much more cautious. I dare say within a  few days they will all be on it. I am hoping it will help keep the Magpie and Wood Pigeons off, because they are piggies when it comes to eating all the food. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails