*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 10 October 2016

All good things......

Hi Folks.

All good things come to an end and so today we were going to be leaving Great Haywood, but not before Paddy and I took one last walk to see the mist lifting off the canal and river. Shugborough Hall looked fantastic bathed in sunshine.
You know that some days things are just so perfect, well that is how I felt about this morning, as we walked down by the river.
The sun was up, the mist was rising and beyond the bridge were a pair of Swans feeding. As we got closer a Heron was catching its breakfast and a Kingfisher flew past. It does not get much better than this I thought.

We left our Great Haywood mooring at 9.25 am, after a fabulous weekend, but before doing so we filled up with water, got rid of rubbish etc, whilst nattering to Rita and Scooby.
We had spent a lovely evening with them both, drinking wine and putting the world to right and catching up an all the news as it had been some years since we actually got together. We left them at Great Haywood at 10.25 am and cruised off towards Hoo Mill Lock.
Hoo Mill Lock.

 
I think the barrel gypsy caravan is fairing far better than the newer looking caravan next to it.
It looks like Lily maybe having some much need work done to her.
After a shorter cruise than of late we are moored just before Lower Burston Bridge No.85, just after Sandon Lock. The Autumnal Colours are really coming to the fore now and it was on the colder side of cool this morning, but the sun was out and so all is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails