*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 25 October 2016

Circular walk.

Hi Folks.

It has been our policy to get in as much walking as possible on this trip, especially as this part of the canal has been new to us. So after some lunch and a coffee, we locked the boat up and headed up to the road bridge, we turned left and headed up through Lapworth Village.
The village does have a few small shops if you should need to fill the cupboard or fridge. It is a spread out village, but never the less very pleasant.
The pavement came to an end and we had to walk up through this wooded glade, which was stunning with the Autumn colours.
We re-joined the canal at bridge 31 on the Stratford-On-Avon Canal.
Such a lovely easy walk.
Yet another lock.
Bridge 32, next to lock 7 and the superb lock cottage owned by Lesley and Keith.
We spent over an hour chatting to Lesley and Keith. Keith used to work for BW as C&RT was then and they have lived in this beautiful cottage for almost 43 years, so lots of tales to tell.
After what was a wonderful natter with Lesley and Keith, we went on our way down the locks.
It seems fishermen think that it is acceptable to fish off lock moorings still.
Approaching Kingswood Junction.
At the junction, we turned left.
Our circular walk ended at the Navigation pub, where we both felt we had earned a pint of Lapworth Gold.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails