*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 5 January 2017

Getting addicted.

Hi Friends.

Chilly start to Thursday. The temperature got down to -5.3 C over night, so it was lovely and crisp out this morning. It would have been so easy to stay beneath the duvet, but when you have a dog, then it has to be walked. I am not one of these boaters who just opens the door of the boat and lets the dog walk itself.
Up and wrapped up against the cold, Paddy and I had a lovely walk in the frost. The air was so cold, that it took my breath away at times. I always think the air is always so clean and pure when it has been cleaned by a frost. It did amaze me that the morning traffic were clearly not driving to the conditions on the road. The beeping of horns and screeching of brakes we all to evident this morning. I was just thankful that there were no accidents, and even more thankful they did not knock me over. It makes me so glad that I am not a driver. I did try to learn twice, but realized it was not for me. I always said, I did not want to be the cause of someone else's accident. I have always been been careful around roads and this stemmed from the death of my Gran. My 80 year old Gran was crossing the road outside her home, when she was knocked over by a car. The driver of the car was not to blame, my gran just stepped out into the road. This has always stayed with me and so I am extra careful.

I am getting addicted to family research. I am on Ancestry.co.uk now researching my family and it has really gripped me. Keith wanted information on his family and because his brother-in-law is on the same program, I signed up for the 14 day free trial to get the information Keith needed. Whilst I have the 14 days, I will do as much research as I can about my family. Having spent most of the morning on the laptop, whilst Keith was out shopping. After lunch I needed a break, so walked down to Sainsbury to do the recycling and then on to Torry's the hardware store to pick up Keith's drill bit, which had come in. It was good to stretch my legs and get some more of the frosty air.
Late into the afternoon, I was back on the laptop doing more research and finding out more fascinating information. I can see this becoming a passion of mine, especially as I have very little information on my Mother's side of the family.
We have another hard frost this evening, the temperature is already down to -2.5 C, so the canal will be frozen over again in the morning, although the weather forecast is set milder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails