*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 15 January 2019

Be careful what you look for.

Hi friends and followers.

This morning friends of ours got more than they bargained for when surveying the canal bed at Womborne. LINK 
It goes to show there are some strange and amazing things on the bottom of our waterways. To think that it had been down there all that time and had not been hit by a boat thank goodness.

Own up who has already failed at keeping their New Year resolutions?
I cannot fail because I did not start one in the first place. But I have decided that I need to get a bit fitter before the cruising season begins and we wend our way up and down lots of locks, which are a work-out on their own. I have been walking more, I am so thinking of doing some weight training for my arms, nothing bit, but some small hand weights. The other half uses them every morning, and I am thinking I may well give them a go, once he has finished with them on his railway. He is using them to weight down the bits of landscaping he is doing at the moment. Of course I may also change my mind and not bother. I decided on the walking, because I miss not walking Paddy in the mornings. I used to walk him every morning, before doing the boat chores, but of course I do not have that option now. I could I suppose go for a walk anyway first thing, or better still borrow someone's dog. Today I set off after lunch and went walking for an hour. Before lunch, I did the laundry, brought in the coal, stoked the fires, sorted breakfast and lunch, so I was not idle. There is always something needs doing on the boat.
This afternoon, I am crocheting. I have almost made my second blanket of 2019 for the Collies.  I will be sending off a parcel at the beginning of February all being well.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails