*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 5 January 2019

New Year, new adventures.

9dfa364d5f5ed011c60a0851b00bc629
Hello friends and followers.
Here we are in a brand new year and already I find myself wondering what the heck is going on. It all began so calmly, but then during the week, I was thrown a curve ball, which has rocked me to the core. I guess you really find out who your true friends are, when it comes down to it. Anyway it is onward and upward. I am all about forgiving people, but words hurt and once said they cannot be forgotten. I guess we will see if a friendship can be rebuilt over the coming weeks. I am a true and loyal friend and hope that things can be repaired.
With this new year, I am on a new adventure. I was given a bicycle by a friend, who did not use it.
00cb681a-20b4-45e5-b3e9-d468d675932f
Today I took the bicycle to the local cycle shop for her MOT, because we were worried the gears were not working properly. Anyway Hetty passed her MOT. Oh yes I have named her Hetty. She does need two new tyres, because hers are a little perished, but the gears are fine after a few drops of oil and some TLC. I was quite impressed it only cost me £20 to be reassured all is well with Hetty. On getting her home, we have fitted her with a pannier box.
41NGdPJLYsL
She has a new basket and bell as well. I am already for some proper cycling. Years ago, we both had bicycles, but because we were carrying coal, we had very little room for bicycles, so we let them go. Now that we no longer carry coal, we have the room, so the OH bought himself a bicycle, so we can now go off on more adventures. I am going to be cycling safely, with my new helmet on and a hi-vis sash, so if you see me on the road, give me a wide berth. We are both looking forward to getting out and about on our bicycles.
Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails