*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 8 March 2019

Day One: We are off.

Hello family, friends and followers.

We have set off on our Spring/Summer cruise.
We left our home mooring just after 9am and headed for the Hatton flight of 21 locks.
The weather was cool and overcast, but with me working the locks, I never felt cold. Half way up the flight, we stopped for a quick coffee and a caramel bar, to keep the energy levels up.
On the walk up the flight, I spotted this beautiful patch of Violet's. They certainly gladdened the heart, because I also saw two dead deer in the canal. It is always sad to see wildlife dead in the canal. They were both Muntjac deer.
The second half of the locks is always easier, because they are close together and are known as the highway to heaven. As we got to the last two locks, we joined up with a single hander, who was moving a boat for a friend, but it was clear he was struggling due to a bent rudder. The boat had been in for blacking and he offered to move the boat back to its mooring. I think he was actually wishing he had not offered, because the boat was so hard to handle. Anyway we helped him up the last two locks. It had taken him an hour and a half to do just one lock. I felt really sorry for him.
After what for us was a full days moving we moored up. Our mooring for the night is near The Black Boy Inn.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails