*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 15 October 2019

A productive day.

Hello family, friends and followers.

I am going to be boring for some, because I am going to be going on about our new mooring again. It is taking up our time when the weather allows. Yesterday nothing got done due to the very wet weather. No one can say we are lacking water now. Keith is doing well on his antiviral tablets and eye gel. Because he has Shingles on his face and in his hair, I gave him a rather serious hair cut, so we could see the extent of the rash. It seems most of the rash is on his face and on his forehead along the hairline. It is getting better and it has not really stopped him from doing anything.
Today we were promised some sunshine after the deluge of yesterday and the sun did pop out for a while this afternoon. Our plan for the day was to finish removing all our belongings from our old mooring, so this morning we emptied the second bunker and got on with removing planters.
This afternoon fellow moorer Maria, came and tackled our overgrown hedge for us. Maria is a tree surgeon and has all the tools to tackle the job, so it was well worth getting her in to do the job. Within two hours we had the hedge cut and all the cuttings cleared up ready for Maria to chip in a few days time.
 The hedge has been cut back by a good foot.
Having the hedge cut back, it has really opened it up and made it lighter. I am now looking forward to tackling the garden.
 Already we have fungi growing in the garden, which makes me very happy, because I love all the different kinds.
After finishing the hedge, a Wren and Blackbird came and tucked into the bugs shaken from the hedgerow. I will be adding some nest boxes to our garden to hopefully encourage the birds to nest.
So pleased with our days work.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails