*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 2 October 2019

Day 52: Last day of the Autumn Cruise.

Hello family, friends and followers.
What a difference a day makes. We were blessed with sunshine on an Autumnal day. We descended the last of the 6 Lapworth Locks.
We left the Stratford Canal via the Lapworth Link. Lock 20 is back in operation finally.
We approached Kingswood Junction and turned right onto the Grand Union Canal, where we followed another boat for a while. We then saw a stray boat floating in the canal, with a man on the roof try to get the boat into the side. It turned out it was the gentleman off the boat in front of us, who was trying to moor the stray boat up, but was struggling, so we offered our help by coming alongside the stray boat, in order to get it back into the side. Once this was achieved, I loaned the gentleman our lump hammer so that he could hammer the mooring pins back into the ground. Boat safely moored up, allbeit around the wrong way, we both set off again for Shrewley Tunnel.
We arrived at the top of Hatton Locks, to be joined by Narrowboat Yondley and their crew. We had a great trip down the locks.
Whilst walking down the flight to working the locks, who should I come across or should I say they came across me. Adam and Adrian on NB Briar Rose, were walking up the flight heading off for some lunch. We only had time for a quick "hello" and chat, but it was so lovely to see them again. I cannot remember the last time we saw each other.
Having completed the Hatton Flight, we said "Cheerio" to Yondley and her crew and thanked them for their help.
Now for the good news I spoke about Yesterday. We have a new mooring in the Saltisford Arm. We have moved from our old mooring and onto the first mooring as you come into the Arm. For us it is brilliant, because we can come straight in and reverse straight out, so no having to wind anymore. The mooring is also straight, whereas we were on a slight bend and on the bottom, being a deeper draughted boat than normal. The new garden needs attention, but hey you know me I love a challenge. I am sure we will get it all neat and tidy in no time at all. We have to move all our stuff from our old mooring, but first we must wait for the old owner of this mooring to move all her things.
Looking forward to posting about the progress of our new home.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails