*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 17 May 2020

Day 107: Be kind.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Here we are about to start a new week and I find myself wondering why I am actually writing my blog at the moment. I started this blog as a diary of my everyday ups and downs. Over the years I have written about all kinds of things, but mostly about our cruising around this wonderful countries canals. Of course we are not cruising at the moment, because of being in lockdown. We were fortunate to go out at the start of March, when we were not in lockdown and cruising was allowed. At that point no one knew how this virus was going to take over this wonderful country of ours. Of course our cruising got cut short and we took the decision to come on home, we could of stayed out along with so many other boaters who are out there at the moment, but for us coming home was right and with the help of CRT we made it home safe and sound. We will not be going out again this year, that has also been our decision. I know CRT maybe opening up the waterways again on the 1st of June all being well, but we feel it maybe too soon. If it happens everyone will be chomping at the bit to go cruising and that is their choice.
We all have the right to make our own choices and we all should have the common sense to know which decisions are right and wrong. I hope that once this virus is done with us, we will have learnt something from it all and have no regrets about the decisions we made. I have friends who have family members going though the virus at the moment. A couple of them are very poorly in ICU and my thoughts go out to them and I wish them a speedy recovery. I am thankful that my family have so far stayed well.

This weekend has been a sunny one. The mornings have begun rather nippy, but I have still got on with painting the boat. When I say painting, I mean touching up the paintwork. We had some small rust spot appearing under the red on the cabin sides, so it was time to get them rubbed down and treated. It has taken three coats of gloss to get a decent covering. It is not perfect, but it at least protects the cabin sides from further rust. With the side of the boat finished, we winded the boat and are now back around the right way for us. I can now concentrate on getting the bow painted and any other bits that need doing.
After lunch, I gave Keith a hand with sorting our gate out. The plan is to put a second gate in at the other end of our mooring at some point, when we can get some timber. There is no hurry though, we have all the time in the world (here's hoping).
This morning mother duck bought her five ducklings in to visit us. They spent a couple of hours snoozing the morning away. We think she may have had as many at fourteen ducklings at the beginning, but only these five have made it.
We have not seen many ducklings and have very few ducks coming into the Arm, which is a real shame. Having these little bundles of joy around over the weekend was such a joy.

How are you all doing out there?
How have you coped with this lockdown and now with the new guidelines?

I am not a person who stresses out. I just go with the flow on the whole. I however know that some people have been finding this situation difficult to cope with. I use Twitter and Facebook, where I see how friends and family are coping and how some are managing just fine and others are really getting depressed. Everyone needs a hug at some point and even though we cannot actually hug people close-up at the moment, who are not in our own home, we can give them a virtual hug from a distance. Being kind throughout this whole situation is key I feel. I have read some truly abusive posts and comments towards people, who dare to have an opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and even though we may not agree with it, we have no right to be abusive towards that person, because no one knows what that person maybe going through. As an old quote says. “You can’t understand someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.”

As Sunday draws to a close. Dirty Dancing is the order of the day on TV.

I wish you all a truly wonderful week. I will post at some point in the week no doubt.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails