*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 2 May 2020

Day 92: Food and garden.

Dear family, friends and followers.

How quickly this year is already going. You would think with us all stuck at home, the time would go so slowly, but for me it seems to be flying by.

Today I spent the morning in the garden, pulling out more weeds, which seem to grow over night. One minute they are not there, the next morning there they are. How come weeds grow quicker than all other plants?
Having weeded the garden again, I topped up the water tank on the boat. I have been doing a lot of washes in our small washing machine, so the water tank is being depleted quicker. We can actually go three weeks without filling the tank, but I like to top it up every two weeks. Whilst waiting for the tank to fill, one of the moorers popped down to give me some tulip and hyacinth bulbs, which she had growing in a container on her boat. Now that the flowers have ended, she thought I may like to put the bulbs in our garden. Social distancing was adhered to at all times and hand washing was done once the bulbs were planted. 
Having some of our Winter moorers still with us during the lockdown has been really nice. It gives us all more time to chat from a distance and they feel safe with us in the Arm.
Today was Tesco delivery day. The delivery slot was from 4 pm to 5 pm, but at 3 pm the landline rang and it was Mr Tesco, informing me he was out side the sites main gate and he hoped I did not mind he was early. Mind of course I did not mind. With less traffic on the roads and everything being delivered in bags, he told me he is getting around his deliveries much quicker. There is always a plus to a minus as I always say. We are so grateful for our deliveries, because we do not have a car and Keith will not use public transport at the moment. We have a responsibility to keep well for the others in the Arm, because we have elderly and ill people living here at the moment. Having a delivery also gives us the opportunity to shop for anyone who needs supplies.
It has been a lovely day and everything in the garden is blooming.
The Iris is a Purple/Blue. I cannot wait for it to open properly.
The Clematis on the bird table is in bud and will be out soon.
Loving our garden. It is my sanctuary at the moment.

As Governments are trying to figure out how to ease back in to a 'new normal' please remember:
🤔 Some people don’t agree with the 'reopening'.... that’s okay - Be kind.
🏡 Some people are still planning to stay home.... that’s okay - Be kind.
😯 Some are still scared of getting the virus and a second wave happening....that’s okay - Be kind.
💲🛒 Some are sighing with relief that they can go back to work knowing they may not lose their business or their homes....that’s okay - Be kind.
🙏 Some are thankful they can finally have a surgery, medical or dental treatment that had been postponed indefinitely...that’s okay - Be kind.
👩‍💻 Some will be able to attend interviews after weeks without a job....that’s okay - Be kind.
😷 Some will wear masks for weeks....that’s okay - Be kind.
💅🏃‍♀️ Some people will rush out to get their hair or nails, eyelashes, waxing or tattoos done....that’s okay - Be kind.
❤️ The point is we can have different opinions, feelings and fears and that’s okay - Be kind.
We each have a different story so
If you need to stay home, stay home - Be kind .
If you need to go out just respect others and keep your distance when in public - Be kind!
Don’t judge others because you are not in their story. We all are in different mental and emotional spaces than we were just a few short months ago and we are trying to adjust to our 'new reality' so remember - Be kind. ❤

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails